I am absolutely not misinformed, I know what I’m talking about. I don’t like Ron Paul for the simple fact that he wants to eliminate the EPA, cut taxes for (of course) companies and top privates, and he voted against acts to prevent the government from catching Pedophiles on the Internet and other child abuserrs. Plus I would never vote for someone who states that global warming is not a major threat for civilization. And he’s too old for representing and leading a country… I come from Italy, a country dying old, with old politicians that are dragging Italy to a permanent depression, with their old values and obsolete thinking. We need young leaders. And also, being against Ron Paul does not make me a Democrat or supporter of whatever big government policies you are alluding to. I don’t like conforming under a party, I have my own ideas. However, democracy asks the citizens to elect or reject candidates that are running to become leaders of their government. So I am simply rejecting one of these candidates, because he fails the comparison test with the other ones running.
Okay, I see your point, but I have a few that you may or may not agree with.
1. There is no reason to say “Fuck Ron Paul”. He is not a mean person, has done anything to harm you and never would intentionally do so. It’s rude. I would never say “Fuck You” to anyone who had not personally wronged me, it would make look petty and arrogant.
2. Getting rid of antiquated government agencies that are polluted by dishonest officials that get bought off by the largest bidder, like the EPA and FDA is a good idea. Ron wants to re-establish private property laws which would let you sue any one who polluted the land or air or water. If the EPA was doing such a great job, then why are we so damn polluted. They suck, and they are spending you money to push corporate agendas.
3. Pushing laws to stop internet pedophiles would affect all of us. Ron was the only presidential candidate to speak out against SOPA. If you start censoring and monitoring the internet to catch a few possible criminals, you throw away everyone’s personal liberties to do so. Would you like a full time monitored camera installed in every home across America so the government can watch any possible criminal or terrorist activities. You may say no, but think about it. No one could get away with anything. All pedophiles would be caught. This is what our government would like to do. They try and monitor our every move. But personally, I like my privacy.
4. Global warming is a scheme. It may be happening, it may be caused by pollution. I am against all pollution myself. But, if you look deeper you see that the government has been wanting to push a pollution tax. Now at first your like “Hey awesome, make corporations pay a tax on the pollution they cause!” But again look deeper. These laws can and will affect all of us, possibly taxing you for breathing, driving you car, running your home. And just like now, the corporations would find a way to buy themselves out of being taxed, and we would be burdened with it instead. Most of it in increased prices.
5. I agree, 76 is pretty old. He did run when he was 72, and in 1988 at 52.
But no-one wanted to listen to him then, and he has been right. He predicted so much of what has happened in the last decade.
The reason people are listening now (and why everyone should) is because there had been a constant eroding of our personal liberties, and it will not stop. If we don’t stand up now we will forced to bend to the will of the powerful later. This is our chance. Look at who backs the current politicians. Big Banks and business back Obama, Romney, Gingrich and Santoram. Who backs Ron Paul? Military personnel who are tired of murdering innocent people in the name of freedom and realize that only Ron Paul will put an end to illegal wars. The people of America who are tired of footing the bill for big government agendas also donate their hard earned money to his campaign. Lobbyists don’t knock on Ron Pauls door and Big Business won’t back him because they know they can’t buy his cooperation.
Do yourself a favor. Really educate yourself on the policies and fallacies in America. Don’t listen to the bought and paid for media. Open your eyes to the truth that only one man has the courage to tell on such a large platform. He is calling out the political criminals. He is a hero and one day the world will know him as such. Don’t miss out on this great moment in history as the last political gunslinger tries to bring down the facade of the American government.